KYBELLA® Treatments in Belleville, Illinois
KYBELLA® is an injectable treatment offered by the licensed healthcare professionals at DermaLuxe. We are the Belleville, Illinois area’s premier option for treating all forms of the common double chin condition with the latest and most effective injectable techniques.
What is Submental Fullness (double chin)?
According to a 2015 survey conducted by the American Society for Dermatological Surgery (ASDS), 67% of people surveyed said they’re bothered by submental fullness, sometimes referred to as “double chin”.
Submental fullness is a very common, often under-treated facial aesthetic condition that can affect men and women of all ages and isn’t strictly limited to people who are overweight. Age, genetics and weight gain can all play a factor in determining who may develop the condition. It can also be resistant to the efforts of diet and exercise.
Submental fullness can visually detract from a balanced facial appearance, causing an older heavier look as well as less facial harmony and symmetry.
How does KYBELLA® work?
KYBELLA® is the first and only FDA-approved nonsurgical treatment that contours and destroys fat cells under the chin to improve your profile.
The active ingredient in KYBELLA® is synthetic deoxycholic acid. Deoxycholic acid is a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat. When injected into the fat beneath the chin, KYBELLA® destroys fat cells, resulting in a noticeable reduction in fullness under the chin. Once destroyed, these cells can no longer store or accumulate fat, so further treatment is not expected once you reach your desired aesthetic goal.
KYBELLA® treatments can be customized to help achieve the patient’s goals for an improved chin profile.
Why use KYBELLA®? (Facts & Figures)
- KYBELLA® is the first and only FDA-approved injectable drug that contours and improves the appearance of submental fullness due to submental fat.
- KYBELLA® is a nonsurgical, 15-20 minute in-office treatment session.
- Is customized to help you achieve your treatment goals.
- Previously, the only other way pre KYBELLA® to get rid of a double chin was undergoing liposuction surgery, which had a recovery time of several days and tended to be costly and left scarring.
- The best candidates for KYBELLA® treatments are those that have isolated fat pockets located underneath the chin. KYBELLA® is not recommended for those who have excessive sagging or loose skin.
- Destroys fat cells when injected into the fat beneath your chin. Once the aesthetic goal is achieved, re-treatment is not expected.
- Many patients experience visible results with two to four KYBELLA® treatment sessions spaced at least one month apart. Up to a total of six KYBELLA® treatments may be administered.
- For most patients, downtime following a treatment session with KYBELLA® is minimal.
Contact the experts at DermaLuxe
We have successfully used KYBELLA® to help Belleville patients achieve their goals of eliminating double chin. Our certified doctors are trained on how to administer KYBELLA® and can determine if it is the right treatment for your desired cosmetic outcome. Contact us to schedule a consultation appointment today.